Who are we?
CarbonX is an advanced materials company originally founded in 2014 as a spin-off from Delft University of Technology. Our labs and offices are located in one of Europe’s leading tech incubators, Yes!Delft & NEXT. The team consists of international professionals with diverse, multidisciplinary backgrounds. The company’s strong focus on sustainability and innovation has inspired a dynamic, mission-driven start-up culture that is both ambitious and personal.
What is CarbonX®?
CarbonX® is a revolutionary new carbon material that can deliver high performance and greater sustainability to make a positive impact in various applications. CarbonX® is produced in bulk and supplied globally to the tire and plastics industries. In fact, our first commercial automotive and bicycle tires have entered the market this year!
We are looking for………….
An enthusiastic and confident Office Manager who is keen to carve out a career in support. The ideal candidate will be pro-active, in possession of a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and connects to our sustainability mission. This role is perfect for someone who is motivated to grow and develop within an ambitious, fast-paced, and driven company.
- You oversee all ongoing processes in the office and laboratories.
- Ensure everyone can do their work smoothly and safe.
- Point of contact for all office related topics and administrative queries within the company.
- Maintaining the office administration, policies, and procedures.
- Maintaining & organizing the office and its flourishing plants
- Managing the office expense account.
- Managing & ordering office supplies & inventory (incl. computer hardware, stationery and
- weekly fruit basket delivery).
- Liaising with external contractors, such as IT support, suppliers, service providers, landlords.
- Organizing and hosting company key events: Annual summer picknick, Christmas, New Years dinner, Workshops, and more.
- Managing the Annual Charity Project and Internal Sustainability Competition
- Organizing and hosting client meetings and lunches for the directors.
- Booking and organizing company travels (flights/ trains/hotels/restaurants etc.).
- Arranging annual Christmas gifts for employees and clients.
- Supporting HR with onboarding of new colleagues.
To achieve this, you will be working together closely with our CEO Rutger van Raalten and CTO Daniela Sordi, as well as with Line Management. You contribute to the happiness-factor in the company by being a general soundboard for employees and by making sure special events don’t go unnoticed!
Professional and personal qualifications:
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- You are a self-starter with a hands-on mentality, do not shy away from fast decision making.
- Look forward to setting up new things from scratch.
- You are able to work independently, but you also possess adequate judgement when it concerns organizational sensitive topics that require cooperation with management.
- You have excellent communication skills
- Reliable and empathetic person; your colleagues feel at ease approaching you.
- You are flexible to pick up on a variety of tasks.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You know what it takes to work in an international environment.
- You live in or close to Delft
- You are excited to become part of a scale-up community
What we offer:
- A chance to join a fast-growing, innovative materials company
- Travel reimbursement according to company policy
- Salary: 35k – €40k gross per year, incl. holiday pay
- Twenty-five vacation days a year
- A personal development plan, including training budget
You will get a full-time appointment for 1 year with the intention for long-term cooperation. More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work in a friendly, open, and innovative environment where the next-generation materials are being designed. You will be part of an international team of passionate colleagues that is expected to grow to 30+ over the coming year. Excited yet?
Join our mission!
Please send your English resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, you may contact Shukry Aden at +31 (0)6 1543 1880
Interested? Apply now!