CarbonX is an advanced materials company originally founded in 2014 as a spin-off from Delft University of Technology. The company produces CarbonX®, a revolutionary new carbon material that can deliver high performance and greater sustainability to make a positive impact in various applications.
From more durable, fuel-efficient tires to lightweight EV battery packs and conductive thin films, our material solutions can meet high performance requirements while actively contributing to greater resource efficiency and lower CO2 and particle emissions. CarbonX is already making a difference – not just in the future, but today. CarbonX® is produced in bulk and supplied globally to the tire and plastics industry. In fact, our first commercial tire application will hit the market at the start of 2022. After securing a growth-investment round, it’s now time to grow our company further and therefore we are always looking for new talented and highly motivated people, who want to help us make an impact in this world.
You will be joining a multidisciplinary and international team based in Delft and work with a diverse group of young and highly motivated people with passion for technology and sustainability. As we are a fast-growing company, perseverance, flexibility and creativity are an integral part of our Company DNA.
The production team is at the core of CarbonX® technology. We are working both on the development of innovative production technology in our own labs here in Delft as well as the planning and executing of the production in commercial scale plants of our production partners.
What will you do?
As a QC analyst in the production team you will be based in our office/labs in Delft from where you will execute and develop methods and protocols used in the commercial production of CarbonX. During production you will be responsible for the quality control of both our feedstock and the product. You will also be trained in QC techniques on the applications development side, so that you will be flexible in assisting the QC of our thermoplastic and elastomer teams. Besides working in Delft, you can expect a business trip of several weeks to China once or twice a year, where you will be responsible for executing the QC tests onsite with our Chinese production partners.
- Executing the QC tests during the production run
- Develop and validate new analytical methods to optimize the process
- Inhouse testing of R&D grades
- Ensure that the protocols are up to date and according to standards
- Assist the production team in planning and execution of the production run
Who are you?
Working for a fast-growing company is both challenging and rewarding. You need to be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and always bring a can-do attitude to the table. If you are flexible and proactive, you will be more than just a cog in the machine. Your contribution can really grow this company and you will have a direct impact. If that is what you like, we are looking for you. The role of QC analyst requires that you can combine a focus on quality with efficiency and integrity. As you have to work both in the lab in Delft and onsite in a production environment, we are looking for someone who can work precise and organized with a broad range of analytical techniques and data and has a hands-on approach.
Working onsite requires that you can keep your head cool and focus on the quality while others might feel the time pressure. Note that as you will be working with Chinese staff onsite, you need to be fluent in both English and Chinese communication.
In summary we are looking for someone who ..
- has 0-3 years of work experience in the chemical field;
- has at least Bachelor’s degree in (analytical) chemistry or similar;
- is fluent in English and Chinese (strict requirement);
- has affinity with working in a lab;
- has demonstrated ability to work independently;
- has demonstrated skills in analytical analysis and data interpretation;
- has excellent organizational skills and is able guide other people;
- is capable in working efficiently while maintaining precision;
- is able to travel to China once or twice a year for several weeks;
NB: Some experience/knowledge in material science is a pre.
What we offer:
- A chance to join a fast-growing, innovative materials company where you can learn, innovate, and grow with the international successes we are achieving
- The chance to grow into a senior position and/or team lead role
- Travel reimbursement according to company policy
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- 25 vacation days a year
- A personal development plan, incl. training budget
You will get a full-time appointment for 1 year with the intention for long-term cooperation. More importantly, you will get the opportunity to work in a friendly, open and innovative environment where the next generation of materials is being designed. You will be part of an international team of around 25 passionate colleagues, which is expected to grow to 40+ over the coming year. Excited yet?
If you are interested in this position, please send your English resume and motivation letter using the contact form. Adding a motivation letter is crucial for your application to be processed. For questions, you may contact Robin Crepin (Head of Production) at email@example.com.
Interested? Apply now!